Hope you can join us for a mid-week group ride.
Meet at Brooks Baptist Church parking lot: off 85 Connector or W.McIntosh Rd, Brooks, GA 302005
We’ll plan to ride with a small group of no more than 8, going a relaxed pace of 10-12 mph pace to enjoy the scenery.
Contact Liz Bunker if you’ve like to join us (Lmmebunker@yahoo.com or text 770-315-8073).
We ask that you follow these guidelines:
LOS Group Riding and Kayaking, during the Covid 19 Pandemic (Shelter in Place order lifted)
- Join only if you are not sick, don’t have a temperature and have no indication you might be becoming sick.
- Carry your own food, water, sunscreen, kleenix’s, face mask, hand sanitizer, bicycle tools, etc. No sharing and no touching of other people or bikes.
- We will ride in groups of 8 riders or fewer. However, if more than 8 ladies show up for a ride/paddle, we’ll just split into separate pods of 8 or less. Groups will separate by beginning 2 minutes apart, with the faster paced group leaving first.
- Maintain social distancing of 6 feet or more when gathering before a ride, at stop lights/signs, when dealing with equipment failures and at rest stops/ride completion, and of course at all points while kayaking.
- A face mask while riding is not required, but plan to use it when we gather before, after or during a ride.
- Remove gloves for bathroom breaks, then sanitize your hands before putting them back on.
- Wash gloves and face coverings after every ride. Dispose used tissues safely.
- When riding 2 abreast, you can stay less than 6 feet apart. (Riding 3 abreast is against Georgia law.)
- When biking behind another rider(s), it is key to stay out of their “slipstream” to avoid their “respiratory cloud”. A separation of 3 bike lengths is mentioned as a rule of thumb. While the article mentions the slipstream in light of “drafting” other riders, which as a rule we don’t do😊, it seems valid and logical overall.
- Don’t forget to participate in the sheer joy of getting out and about. Sunshine, fellowship and great scenery is hard to beat!